I absolutely love this time of year! The changing from one season to the next is exciting to me. Each fresh season has its perks. Spring is the time of year that stuff starts to come back to life! Flowers bloom, people get out of their houses more, the sun shines bright but the air still has a slight crispness to it, it is acceptable to wear flip flops, grilling is a must, and there is just an overall feel of new life and freshness. Spring is just good for the soul!
Another perk is the Farmers’ Markets that we have here in East Texas!
Nothing beats heading down to a local Farmers’ Market on a lazy Saturday morning to enjoy a cup of coffee and shop the fresh fruits, veggies, flowers, bread, and other hand crafted items. Below are a few in the area that you can enjoy!
Farmers’ Markets in East Texas:
- East Texas State Fair Farmers Market – OPEN NOW! Located at the Fair (2112 W. Front Street, Tyler) under the large pavilion. Hours: Tuesdays & Saturdays 7 am-1pm.
- Tyler Farmers Market – Opens in May. Located in the parking lot of the Broadway Square Mall in Tyler. Hours: Tuesday, Thursdays & Saturdays 7am-2pm.
- Rose City Farmers Market – Opens the first weekend of April! Located in the parking lot of Juls (7212 Old Jacksonville Hwy, Tyler).
- Historic Longview Farmers Market – Opening in April, date will be announced soon! Saturday market is located on the site of the former Kelly Plow Works (at the corner of Center and High Streets) in Longview. Wednesday market is located on Hawkins Parkway at the Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living. Hours: Saturdays & Wednesdays 7:30-11:30.
- City of Lindale Farmers Market – Open now until September! Located at Picker’s Pavilion
Hwy 69 & Valley Street, Lindale. Hours: Saturdays 8am-1pm.
- Rusk County Farmers Market – Opens in May! Located next to the Henderson Activities Center parking lot on Fair Park and South High in Henderson. Hours: Saturdays 7am-sold out, Tuesdays 1:00pm-sold out.
- Athens Farmers Market – Opens May 7th! Located at 212 N. Palestine in Athens. Hours: Saturdays 8am-12pm.
- Mineola Farmers Market – Opens in May through July! Located at the Pavilion West of the Depot on Front Street in Mineola. Hours: Saturdays 7:30-11am.
- Winnsboro Farmers Market – Winter market lasts through March, stay tuned to website for opening dates for 2016! Located downtown Winnsboro at Highway 11 and Market Street. Hours: Saturdays 10am-1pm.
- Grow it Forward Farm Edom – Opening in late April! Located on their farm at CR 4609, Edom. Hours: TBD.