Have you ever seen or heard something that is immediately annoying? You don’t have a good reason? It just straight up annoys you.
My husband and I were driving the other day and I saw one of MY things that annoy me immediately. I understand these things are small, they don’t actually matter and I may annoy some of you by giving out my list.
Heck, there may be stuff in this blog post (blog post; that actually annoys me, but I still say it) that annoys some of you.
I get it. It’s trivial and a first world problem.
Remember, this is all in good humor and fun and it’s my problem.
We all have a list. Even you.
Here we go!
- Smart Cars: I hate them. I hate everything about them. To me, they are tiny, useless pieces of machinery. I see one and I cringe. I mean it’s so small. It’s too small. Have you seen how small these cars are? You can’t convince me that they are safe. They should make a “weeeeee” noise when they drive down the road.
- Misuse of the word quarantine. At the beginning of the Covid 19 pandemic our Mayor put us under a Stay at Home order. I don’t remember how long it was; it’s all a fog. We had to stay at home and we could only go to places like the doctor, the grocery store, etc. I noticed lots of people called it quarantine. It’s not quarantine. It’s a stay at home order. Quarantine is isolation from other people. Completely and utterly. It sounds way cooler to say, “We were in quarantine”, but we weren’t. It’s small, stupid and really doesn’t matter, but this is my annoying list, not yours. Here is a cute little article about the misuse of the word. See, I am not alone….https://www.businessinsider.com/stop-calling-your-social-distancing-a-quarantine-2020-4
- When bloggers say, “I am obsessed with this. I am so obsessed. I never take it off.”
Really? Do you know the definition of obsessed? What do you mean you NEVER take it off? What about when you shower? You probably smell by now. I mean, just say you love it. Oh, and to piggyback off of that one, here is another. “I’ve been eating this constantly.” Constantly? No you haven’t. Stop that.
4. When I hear someone say “parm” or “brussels”. “’I’ll have the chicken parm.” I’m sorry, is Parmesan and brussels sprouts just too long of a word or words? The abbreviations don’t go with all words, however. No one says “broc for broccoli or cauli for cauliflower. “I think I’ll put some parm on my brussels and broc.” That sounds kind of cute. Maybe I am jealous.
5. Now, this is THE ONE. If I had to pick one off the list that annoys me the most; this is it. When I hear someone say “that’s so funny; I’m dead” or “I’m dying.” They are equally horrible.
Two things here.
- You aren’t dead
- There are actual people who are actually dying.
Stop saying this please. This one runs deep for me, if you can’t tell.
There you have it folks! It’s my little list of trivial, annoyances.
I highly recommend you write and rant about yours. It’s good for the soul.
Whew. I feel better already.