[dropcap]L[/dropcap]abor Day weekend conjures up images of soaking up the sun and taking a swim in the local waters of Texas. As the name implies, “Labor Day”, is meant to be a much needed break from school and work. As you take a day off and relax this weekend, we want to make sure you stay safe on the roads.
We have teamed up with Seerden Law Firm, PLLC who is committed to doing their part in making our communities in Texas safer. This Labor Day, Seerden Law Firm, PLLC is offering a Free Sober Ride Program to help reduce drunk driving accidents. Their goal is to encourage people to find a safer way to get around town and, hopefully, avoid causing a senseless tragedy on the road this Labor Day.
Here’s how their Free Sober Ride Program works:
- It starts on Labor Day, September 2, 2019 at 5 p.m. and ends September 6, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Only adults ages who are ages 21 and older can participate.
- The program will provide participants with a free, one-way ride to a safe destination in the Houston metro area. Included counties listed below.
- Harris County
- Fort Bend County
- Montgomery County
- Brazoria County
- Galveston County
- Liberty County
- Waller County
- Chambers County
- Austin County
- Participants can use a taxi or a rideshare service provider such as Uber or Lyft.
- Seerden Law Firm, PLLC will reimburse participants for a one-way ride, up to $35. The limit will be one ride per household.
- Participation is limited to the first 50 submissions which they receive.
Participants must email a receipt and a copy of a valid ID to [email protected] within seven days after the ride. Please be sure to put, “Labor Day – Free Cab Ride Program” in the subject line.
As you travel the roads of Texas this Labor Day weekend, please stay safe and always plan ahead!
While we are in partnership with Seerden Law Firm, we believe this campaign for safety is right on!