He’s only little once! And while he is little, and I am the love of his life, I will date him:) These are the reasons dating my son are top priority to me:
- I want to teach him how to be a gentleman. Chivalry will not die with Dryver Cowart!
- I want to show him how to act on a date. Not only being a gentleman but being a good listener, a good friend, good company…
- I want to teach him how to manage his money. When we go out he takes the money in his wallet and it is his responsibility to pay for dinner, entertainment and dessert. I try to really use this time to teach him how to spend his money wisely.
- I want him to have creative date ideas. It does not always have to be dinner and a movie. We try to be creative in our date nights. Dates should be about FUN!
- I also want to show him how HE should be treated and not just how he should treat his date. I want to be thankful for things we do and show him respect for his planning and all that we do together.
- I want to create lasting memories with him. YES it is a teaching/learning time but more importantly it is a time for he and I to create lasting memories together. Selfishly, I want to instill in him that “Mom is FUN”!
- I want to give him ample time to talk. This is a great time that we are together with no interruptions. As he gets older I want him to be able to open up and talk to me about anything and everything.
- I want us to have this time to make each other feel special. I want him to know he is a child of God. He is incredible just the way God made him and he does NOT need to change for ANYONE. I want him to find someone, someday ( a long time from now) that loves him for him!
His silly face on our last date night. Olive Garden is one of our faves!
Commit today to start dating your son. Nothing crazy or elaborate. We go on a date once a semester. And we try to go once during the summer. That’s only 3 times a year. That makes it so special!
If you already date your son leave a comment and let us know what you guys like to do on date night. We would love to hear your ideas:)